BETTER FOR YOU, BETTER FOR THE PLANET!
At Simply Prep Meals we are doing everything we can to ensure our business has a minimal effect on the environment.
We have been working hard to make changes within our kitchen:
- We have reduced the use of plastics, especially plastic packaging.
- Our meal containers are made from 100% recyclable paperboard and are FSC certified, meaning they are made from sustainable sources. The lids are made from recycled plastic and can be recycled.
- The icepacks used to keep your meals cool can either be drained and recycled or reused:
Here are some good ideas to reuse:
- If you are into exercise, an icebath can be a great idea if you've pushed yourself hard. Drop the frozen packs into cold water as a whole pack.
- Use an icepack to ease tight muscles or swelling. Always use a towel or similar material so it doesn't burn your skin.
- Use as a coolant for lunch/picnic or keep shopping cool
- Can be a great water retainer to keep plants watered during the summer months in the garden. The gel will take up the water and nutrients in the soil or compost, so the plants can take up as needed.
- We no longer use insulated foil to keep your meals cool and our boxes are now made from fully recyclable card and paper and can be recycled kerbside.
- We have phased out bubble wrap in favour of recycled paperboard and paper bubble wrap.